Free marketing analytics tools
While there are hundreds of tools that will let you collect and analyze marketing and sales data, here are the best free tools for data analytics:
• Google Analytics is an extremely robust tool that will measure website traffic. It provides detailed information about your visitors that you can use to inform your marketing, such as location, devices, age of visitors, and more. It also tracks important website metrics like how long users stay on a page and how many users visit only one page and leave (bounce rate).
• Google Search Console can provide important SEO insights like how many sites are linking to you (a critical factor in SEO), and what keywords your site appears for.
• SEMrush will allow you to easily track keywords and measure your rank for those keywords. Keyword ranking is a critical measure of SEO. This service allows you to compare your SEO efforts to your competitors. The free version of this tool allows you to track up to 19 keywords.
• Databox is a data analytics dashboard that allows you to track a variety of metrics in one place. The benefit of having one central location for all of your marketing and sales data can not be overstated.
• HubSpot is a customer relationship management software that allows you to add contacts (names and email addresses of leads) and send them templated emails. The platform is much more robust than that, but one of the best free benefits is the ability to see detailed analytics for the emails you send (open rate, click rates, top engaged contacts, etc).
• Smartlook is a free heat mapping software. Heat maps capture where your website visitors are clicking and spending the most time on your website. This insight helps you to determine which content is successful and which content should be changed to get the desired outcome – a conversion.
Growth Hacking Blog – Growth Hackers